Monday, February 8, 2010

Sportsmanship

Ah, what a week of sports!

I have finally participated in watching a USU Basketball game!

It was preceeded by participating in the 'Don't Barf in the Car While Angie Drives' Sport.  (I think she's meant to be a race car driver, or drag car driver)

The USU game was everything I'd hoped it would be.  I wanted to see what a united crowd could do when it came to cheering for the home team.

It was crazy!  The fans lead the cheers, not the cheerLEADERS.  The half-naked fat cupid was entirely distracting when the other team shot free thows.  And the final cheer where the whole stadium called the poor Idaho Vandals LOSERS . . . . . WOW!  Crazy fans is all I have to say.

Josh went to a more intense USU game on Saturday night.  He came home and said he didn't like all the negative cheering.  He felt bad for the other team.   It made me think about what a thin line it may be to cheer for your team in a unified way and to cross over to being hostile. 

Meanwhile, last night I watched / listened to the SuperBowl.  I don't really follow NFL football, so I always pick the underdog to cheer for.  But man! When I realized that Austin Collie was on the Colts team, I was so torn!  Cheering for two teams is hard because someone is going to lose and someone is going to Disneyworld. 

I guess it all comes down to appreciating your team and cheering for them, but maintaing respect for the other team.  After all, someone loves them the way you love your home team.

1 comment:

leesaloo2 said...

GO AGGIES!!! Speaking of Aggies, Cortney has to take a class to be able to register for school in the fall. I was wondering if you'd like to get together?