Thursday, February 25, 2010

All Rolled Into ONE

I've now gone a week without updating my blog.

I feel bad only because I had such a good time last week reading through my entries from 2 years ago. 

I need to keep doing this, if only for MY entertainment.

Meanwhile, you get a post about my last 7days . . All Rolled Into ONE.

------------------------------------------

On the Parenting Front:

We have re-evaluated our children's jobs and made them reasonable for each child. 

Josh now gets to stay up later than Ethan, doesn't do Scouts, and does daily chores again.

Ethan now doesn't have to do homework as long as Josh, he does Scouts and doesn't get up as early as Josh.

In Parenting News:

Ethan is getting a B- in Algebra which makes his parents ANGRY.

Ethan now must make up all missed quizzes, assignments and have his dad correct all assignments.

Ethan is now ANGRY.

Relationship Announcement:

I have been married now for 20 years to Jeff! 

We purchased a new vacuum to celebrate.

Religious Update:

I gave some nice mediocre sharing times this week.  The Junior Sharing Time kids made flags to honor the Savior and his atonement.  For some reason I thought this would work out. 

Meanwhile, I managed to make the whole Senior Sharing time comatose . .. .

Personal Achievements:

I ran 6 miles yesterday when I really, really didn't want to. 

I really, really don't want to run 12 miles Saturday either.

Hope I'm ready for the Moab Half Marathon which is in less than a month. 

--------------------------------

That's about it for excitement this last week. 

I did manage to put away 2 - 12 packs of Diet Coke.  And I don't mean in my pantry or fridge.

I also have devoted too much time to the Olympics and replaying all the injustices and successes of the athletes.  I am secretly toying with becoming an Olympian.  I can do this by A) learning how to play hockey B) learning how to play curling or C) petitioning Zeus for a place on Mt. Olympus.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

It's not just for your enjoyment, Wendy! I laughed at every single one of those.

Leslie said...

I do miss it when you don't post, they always make me smile!! Thanks for the updates, it sounds like life is moving right along...
Oh, could I send Justin's math assignments to Jeff to correct????

Unknown said...

At this stage, I think your best bet for becoming and Olympian is "C"

LOL

Unknown said...

LMBO! a vacuum, really?! love you. btw, the children were not comatose. I was there, I know. If it were that bad, I'd have definitely started in with a coughing fit or something.