Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Half a What?

I've gone and gotten myself into a heap o'trouble!

It's official, I have signed up to run a Half Marathon on March 21st. I have contemplated backing out of this several times - but a last minute chance to fill the last spot on a team entry has led me to this!

I was NOT going to share this with anyone, but I understand that making our personal goals public can motivate us to accomplish them.

I am now scared spitless that I will fail and all you good people will frown upon me forever more. (I wish that were true - you are all so nice I know you'd be supportive if I just did somersaults thru the whole thing).

Anyway, I'm off to a good start - I put my running shoes on today!

Tomorrow I'll try to squeeze my butt into some running shorts (by shorts I mean excercise capris that hopefully will hide my jiggling butt when I finally try to run)

Wish me Luck!



post signature

9 comments:

Melanee said...

Wendy you are amazing. You will do it and you will do it better than most. Here I am cheering you on the whole way... and by the way, you need to show more pictures of your "steps".

How did the recipe thing go?

Leslie said...

Wendy, you really are my HERO.
YOU GO GIRL~!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Wow, that is quite the goal, Wendy! One I can't really EVER see myself making. You rock! I wish you the best of luck in your training and in the race.

Sherry said...

Holy Shnickey Batman!!!!! That's awesome. You go girl!!!

Tori and Steve said...

Way to go! I can't run more than a mile at a time! Good luck!

tammy said...

I'd actually be even MORE impressed if you summersaulted through the whole thing.....I'll be looking forward to hearin about your success!!

kimpg3 said...

Good luck Wendy!!! I'm glad someone has goals and motivation. You are awesome!

Miss Mel said...

I think you rock for doing this! By the way, how many times around the track at the rec center would a half-marathon be?! ;)

Jill said...

I am so excited for you! You are going to do awesome! I've done that one before and it's beautiful...at least people told me it was...who can look at anything while running your guts out?! You go girl!