Friday, January 2, 2009

House

I have a New Year's Obsession.

Not to be confused with a New Year's Resolution.


While laid up with back pain the last few weeks I found solace and comfort from my television set. Primarily from a show I've never watched before:





HOUSE


Somewhere between his limping and popping vicodon and my stooping and popping oxycotin I bonded with him.

I was drawn in by his harsh comments and brutally honest personality. His bedside manner had me in tears, laughing, as he said things that I would normally only think.

My thanks to USA for running House marathons last week! I can't wait to see Dr. House again.





post signature

3 comments:

The Wright's said...

I too am a HOUSE stalker. I have watched the show faithfully for the last 3 seasons and just cant seem to get enough of it. Sometimes I wonder, why do people try so hard to be friends with this guy but I would not want him to change, at all. I love it! What kills me though is listening to him in real life. He is British and has a thick accent. Crazy!! Oh ya, you will get a kick out of this, when you have a minute rent Stuart Little. I promise it will cause you rib strains from laughter. Just do it and you will see what I mean.

Peggy said...

Lance, too, recently discovered House. I think he bonded with him over personality, because he says things that Lance says. ;-) He told me he likes House because he's just like him, minus the limp.

Tori and Steve said...

Well, at least you have something to keep you busy when you can't get out of bed! There is nothing like laying in bed bored with nothing on TV. I think House is awesome but I just can't handle shows that take place in a hospital. I get too queezy with all the medical talk.
Hope you are feeling better soon!