Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chicken Foot Anyone?

If only it were physically possible to kick myself - I would today! I have spent the better part of the last week making a complete idiot of myself. In essence, I have been "Putting My Foot In My Mouth". Check this picture out to get an idea just how bad this is:

Foot In Mouth Photo

I've struggled the past 24 hours re-living every stupid, idiotic thing I have said the past few days. While thinking about it, I found a really interesting study done by the American Psychological Society. In the study 71 people were served the foot of a chicken from a Chinese woman who claimed this was a meaningful cultural dish while the APS waited to see who would eventually say, "That's Bloody Revolting!" and toss the dish aside.

I don't have to think twice about if I would've criticized the chicken foot. I would have opened my mouth and inserted MY OWN foot and said something stupid!

Just this morning I had to again, physically brace myself and pull my own foot out. In a moment of frustration and exhaustion I tossed two leading stars out of play practice last night. They both vowed never to return as they left crying. This poses a problem, since they are to perform tomorrow night. In addition, I let loose an unfortunate choice of words that went something like this, "Sit your @!* over there and don't move" right in front of a darling row of 12 year olds in my ward. I haven't even begun making that one right.

If you haven't received your "I'm sorry" call yet, just know the list is long but I'll get to it. Meanwhile, I'll be trying to stop adding to the list - I'm ready for a humble dish of chicken foot.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I guess my "bad Cop" substitution on Friday didn't help much, huh? I did let a trio of wanna-be/barely-teen punks have it outside the gym (during the rehearsal) for were playing handball with a kindergarten playground ball against my car! I was a little surprised myself that I had enough venom to spew at random stranger-punks. I thought I had blown my irritating whistle and screamed at cast/crew kids enough. In fact, I am sure Mike hates me. In case that makes you feel any better...

Wendy said...

If my spewing of rudeness were limited to only play practice - I'd be so lucky. Unfortunately this week, it's spilled over to really nice people. I'm torn with the gals in the play, because as you know, they really need to listen. Mike's not talking to me either -- And if that puts us in the same boat, Shauna, I'm THRILLED!

Leslie said...

Sounds like someone needs a vacation~! Maybe somewhere with pine trees?!

kellieanne said...

I heard from Amy things were pretty crazy down there. I just don't understand. 11-12 year old kids are so so sweet and adorable and listen so attentively. NOT!

Wendy said...

A vacation! Lovely idea Leslie - I hope a room will be available in my dear friend's house next weekend!!