Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Greetings and salutations!

Hi to all you blog junkies out there! This is Jeff, Wendy's hubby slash BFF slash NMH slash JJWT. I'm honored to have been asked to author the 100th blog!! I think I'm getting verklempt ... (sniff) ... talk amongst yourselves ... !

I find I'm not a natural at this. I need a topic . I'm pretty good at offering unsubstantiated opinions if asked direct questions, but to pull something out of my head all by myself is much like being asked to speak in sacrament meeting about any topic I want.

I thought about "pumping (clap) you up" by doing an entire blog using Saturday Night Live quotes and subsequently launching myself into blogger "Super Star"- dom, but it's not as fun if you can't see me sniff my armpits or talk like I'm from the Bronx. So I think the best "strategery" is to put that idea in my "lockbox".

What I will say is:
  • I sure love my wife!! She is awesome, capable, funny, loving and very sagacious. She has a great perspective and a big heart. She will open her arms to help anyone in need before she gives a single thought to her own needs (what happens after that makes great material for months worth of blogs)!!
  • I'm very thankful for the support all her good friends both here in the blogosphere and in person. There is a lot of crap in the world and on the internet and it's nice to know so many are helping lift each other up and maintain a great perspective of life.

So, the only thing left to say for now is "I got a fever! And the only prescription...is more cowbell!"

10 comments:

Sherry said...

I love it!!! I added Brent as an author hmm......a long time ago and I get "nuthin". Come on, he's got nuthin but time. Right! :) BTW cute family picture we just had ours taken by a similar bridge. Was it Cedar Hills Heritage Park?

kellieanne said...

Sagacious - I can't wait to find the moment to use that one!

I absolutely love your wife and seldom thing of you. That's how it's suppose to be, right? When you do come to mind, I think of what a pretty cool guy you are. Your "coupleness" is fun and enjoyable to associate with. I love you guys!

Love the family picture! Good looking crew.

The Wright's said...

All this time I had no idea my brother was so funny!!! That was great. The sad thing is, I got every reference and every quote. Man, I need a life!

Love ya

Leslie said...

Wow Jeff, you are quite the blogger! That was a great 100th. You are right, your wife really is all that and more, but we think you are pretty great too!! I also think that your family picture is absolutely adorable:)

Little GrumpyAngel said...

How sweet that you were invited and agreed to write the 100th blog. I knew you'd be funny. I've been reading Wendy's posts, she's hilarious and it's hard to imagine her married to someone who doesn't have a great sense of humor. I'm a bloggy-pal so I don't know you guys in person, but from what I can see on Wendy's blog you have a great and beautiful family.

Marivic

Nik said...

So funny! Jeff and Wendy, you are perfect for each other! I love the 100th blog idea. That's why I keep coming back - great inspiration!

Wendi said...

Oh Jeff...Impressive!
Go ahead admit it...you are a wanna be blogger.
Or a closet blogger.
You are secretly wishing you had your own blog.
Am I right?
You should.
Funny stuff.
I am a huge SNL fan...I understood all your references.
Does that make me pathetic or give me cool points?
So glad that you linked the word sagacious.
Great word.
When I clicked the link...the top of the page was referencing flat stomachs. I thought the word was synonymous with flat stomach.
Which would definitely get you brownie points in my book.
I am sure Wendy would agree.
Anyhoo...this was a fabulous idea for a 100th post.
Congratulations Wendy!
Here is to 100 more.

Jaime said...

Congrats on 100 posts, Wendy!! Great guest post, Jeff. You are a "wild and crazy guy!"

Miss Mel said...

I keep going back to this post and re-reading it. Jeff, you did a great job--who would have known you were so funny?!* j/k

Congrats on 100 :)

Unknown said...

Have I ever told you how much I love you? I love your sense of humor and, yes, you and Wendy are a perfect pair! I love your little family and am so very proud of all you do!
Loves, hugs, kisses, etc.
Mom