Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pass Me A Tissue

I don't know what the matter is today - but I'm getting 'worked up' about practically everything. I can't tell you how many mundane thoughts have passed through my mind today and made me all weepy. What the heck is this about?

And the weeping culminated with this clip from the nightly news. Apparently there was trouble on a plane headed toward Hawaii (no I didn't cry cuz I wasn't on it). It had to turn around and do an emergency landing in LA (nope, not crying over that). For the emergency landing they popped the doors open and let out the slides (not yet . . ) On the first door they show opening a lady slides down, stumbles a little and is immediately followed by two men (not crying because the let the lady go first). The first lady out then turns around and waits at the bottom of the slide to help everyone else while the two men walk off. Yup, start the tears here. How nice was it for this lady to help others when she was probably scared out of her mind that the plane was on fire. I LOVE how incredible this lady is.


You can watch the clip yourself just to see this beautiful moment that clearly in NOT that big a deal but hit me anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing! Your view of this newscast is a reflection of what a beautiful person you are.
Once again, thank you!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...