Thursday, September 4, 2008

Let's Have A Rally

Apparently I'm a sucker for a rally.

I was flipping channels last night and I stopped at the Republican National Rally Convention. I only meant to tarry a moment, but Sarah Palin had just begun speaking, the crowd was cheering and clapping and at some points chanting . . . and I was SUCKED IN!

I've never been to a rallying event, where people are all keyed up and excited. The closest thing I've seen like that is a Sunday where the high council is NOT speaking in church. Really, the majority of my gatherings are low-key affairs, that frankly are on the brink of boring me to death.

But watching this televised rally just got me going! I actually clapped - and laughed, and I might have chanted (more likely it was me repeatedly telling the kids to go to bed). I know for sure that somewhere in the euphoria of the evening I agreed to purchase $40 worth of items from Ethan's latest book order.

How do I get a ticket to the next rally?

6 comments:

Sherry said...

What got me was the joke....."what's the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull......lipstick". Feisty!!

p.s. 2 days ONLY water

Shauna said...

She got me too. I avoided the TV all last week, knowing the DNC was on--and not wanting to hear a bunch of political dung flying around. This week, I was curious about her--specifically--and I got sucked in too, not that there wasn't some political dung here too. I enjoyed her--and I officially take back my previous comment that McCain was playing the "Uterus Card". I think he made a good and yes, fiesty, choice. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.
:) Shauna

Unknown said...

Above all...this sister is a Blue Star Mom!

Sweet!



~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Unknown said...

Above all...this sister is a Blue Star Mom!

Sweet!



~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Wendi said...

I love your humor Wendy.

Does your congregation stand up and do the happy dance when the HC is NOT speaking?
Mine does.

I was sucked in too.
She was pretty impressive.
I loved Todd Palin's comment later in an interview where he said that he wished he had been more cautious when he let Sarah run for the PTA!

Lara said...

Amen! I totally agree with you here!