Monday, September 1, 2008

High School Tag

Yes - for the most part, I tagged myself again. Grumpy Angel did this on her site and I really enjoyed reading her answers since she didn't attend a traditional High School. I, on the other hand, did. This should make clear why I'm only lurking on my 20th reunion group and not planning on attending the reunion next year:

1. Did you date someone from your school?
Yes, and for a very large part of my high school career. It didn't end pretty. I do not want to see him and thus I don't want to go to the reunion -- (This is why I drive VERY safely in Sandy and do not get involved in fires of any kind there either. Fire Dept Chief = ex-boyfriend)


2. What kind of car did you drive?
I drove my parents old blue Chevy Truck - which I shared with two other siblings. Quick note: You can not drive between the gas pumps at 7-11 in a blue Chevy Truck.


3. Were you a party animal?
You have to go to a party to be one of these, right? So, the answer is maybe. I did go to an all-night "Anne of Green Gables" party with my girlfriends. Does that count?


4. Were you considered a flirt?
I'd have to say - not a flirt. Maybe just a bimbo -- anyone who spends their high school career making out in the halls is probably a bimbo. Of course, being a bimbo doesn't really jive with my answers in question #3.

5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Kinda -- I was a flag twirler. (I heard all those gasps! Please don't log off now -- I'm a good person, really!)

6. Were you a nerd?
Considering my last answer - yes. I 'lettered' in academics too.

7. Were you on any varsity teams?
Surprisingly - yes. I was a nerd, bimbo and a Varsity Basketball starter. I'm thinking I might have multiple personality disorder.

8. Did you get suspended/expelled?
That was third grade

9. Can you still sing the fight song?
Yup! "Jordan High School students are we. Seeking knowledge ever will be. Our lives to improve we shall try. Dear old Jordan High . . . ."

10. Who were your favorite teachers?
Not the lisping Mr. Rasmussen and not the graphic Vietnam Vet History teacher. The others are mostly a blur

11. Where did you sit during lunch?
In the lunchroom with my little group of peeps.

12. What was your school's full name?
Jordan High School

13. School mascot?
Beetdiggers! Man, I have some serious school pride at being a Beetdigger!

14. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
No way!

15. What do you remember most about graduation?
That I had to sit next to Todd Meacham - it was geek sitting next to school God, awkward! Also remember kissing Jeff in front of my parents - surprise mom and dad!

16. Where did you go senior skip day?
Lagoon - Where Jeff and I had our first kiss. And then I backed mom and dad's car (not the truck) into another car. This will come as a surprise to mom and dad should they read this. There was not a mark left on our car though!

17. Were you in any clubs?
I think I was in some academic club - but don't remember doing anything with them. I helped a friend who did stuff with the Key club.

18. Have you gained some weight since then?
Oh momma, have I!

19. Who was your prom date?
See question #1. Plus this lovely dress was made by my mother.





20. Are you planning on going to your 20 year reunion?
Would you?!?!?




Now, if I were to tag a few of you with this "Oh, So Fun~" walk down memory lane - I'd want to see answers from: Leslie @ Life Is Good / Shauna @ Life on Celestial Circle and Lisa Anne @ The Crazy Kooky Clawson's (who was a flag twirler with me!)

Go Diggers!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

You slay me, my friend. Still laughing about your split-personality disorder.

:) Shauna

Kim said...

ok, so the beet digger thing is hilarious! There is a high school near where I grew up that was also the beet diggers... I thought it was only an Idaho thing.

Kim

The Wright's said...

That is friggin hilarious!

Jaime said...

Ha ha, that is awesome. That is such a great prom picture. You guys look like you're having the time of your lives! :)

Miss Mel said...

Can I just say that this is one thing I love about you--your highschool pride! C'mon, who else can call themselves a "bimbo"?

I was just thinking...how funny would that be if Rob checked out your blog. Wait, he's too busy playing football, basketball, and being on the gymnastics team ;)

Little GrumpyAngel said...

You are one funny chick! :-) Your high school tag is the best one I've read so far. You couldn't possibly had been a "nerd". No way!!! Your blog is too cool.

marivic