Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Zone

Lest you think I'm a bad mother I am providing proof that I have sent my kids back-to-school. Josh and Ethan's first day of school was spent at the funeral - so, no pictures. But today was Emma's first day of Pre-School and there were certainly photos being taken!

I'm gonna miss my little shopping buddy this morning! Then again, maybe it'll be a little easier running the errands. All last week I would tell Emma to "hustle" as we would make it in and out of the car. She would continue to stroll casually to and from the car and would even start to whistle. Slow witted mother that I am, I didn't realize until the end of the week that Emma thought I kept telling her to "whistle" and not "hustle". Imagine the stress she's been under this week to learn to whistle!

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Ha ha! I love that she didn't question why you wanted her to whistle. So cute.

Adcock Circus said...

Hey there Swap Partner! Adorable picture.
P.S. Love your view - so very different from our view in the South!

Nik said...

Wow she is growing up so quickly! I bet she loves preschool!

kimpg3 said...

That is the cutest picture of Emma!!! I can't believe she is starting school!

Shauna said...

She'll be great in preschool! And I bet she is teaching the other kids to whistle too!

Remind me to tell you the Jill story of her telling me about her hurting nipple/ankle. Talk about confusion. Bad mom that I am, I just laughed!

:) Shauna

Leslie said...

Wendy,
You have the funniest misunderstandings at your house!! That is hilarious! Tell Emma that I hope she is loving preschool:)

Miss Mel said...

Darling--that photo is great! She sure is ready for preschool--I bet Camalee loves having her (not to mention the 3 other girls from the ward)--what good times that will be ;)

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Your Emma is beautiful and adorable. And now she even has a new talent, "whistling", thanks to you :-)

Wendi said...

And one day she will thank you for teaching her the fine art of whistling at such an early age!

Cute story!